Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet Craving

I love sweets. I love any type of sweets.
Sometimes I crave for certain sweets.
Chocolate, tiramisu, cheesecake, caramel, ice cream...etc. etc.
Sometimes I crave for anko, sweetened red beans.
You probably have tried red bean ice cream at a Japanese restaurant or from Trader Joe's.
What I crave for is a type of mochi called Akafuku, rice cake covered with anko from Ise City in Japan.
They have a little cafe in Ise by Ise Jingu, Ise Grand Shrine, in Mie prefecture.
Not only does this taste amazing, this traditional Japanese architecture offers a great experience.

You can watch ladies making this with their hands over the glass.
They sit on their knees the whole time while they are making it.
Of course, freshly made mochi tastes just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment